Advertiser Disclosure: The Bulkhead Seat earns an affiliate commission for anyone approved through the links below. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. We work to provide the best publicly available offers to our readers. We frequently update them, but this site does not include all available offers.
Each quarter, United releases targeted offers to MileagePlus members to incent them to book and fly more with the airline. These usually require a certain number of flights booked in a particular cabin with a minimum cost per ticket. Sometimes these offers are meh and other times they offer great incremental value.
Every time I hear the promo is live again, I click here and check to see if my account has been targeted for MilePlay. And, each time I’m met with the message above.
I’m not sure if I would book more flights if I was targeted with an offer, but some of those reported on FlyerTalk and elsewhere are moderately appealing. These include:
- Book three trips (minimum $275 each) and receive 3,800 miles
- Book two trips (minimum $175 each) and receive 2,500 miles
- Book four trips (minimum $150 each) and receive 14,000 miles
- Book four trips (minimum $275 each) and receive 5,000 miles
- Book three trips (minimum $300 each) and receive 5,000 miles
- Book four trips (minimum $100 each) and receive 9,000 miles
- Book three trips in premium cabins and receive 23,000 miles
MilePlay Terms and Conditions:
- Only original offer recipients can register for and participate in this promotion.
- Member must register for this promotion on or prior to March 10, 2023. Only transactions initiated after registration and completed on or prior to March 10, 2023 will qualify toward satisfaction of the offer requirements.
- Registrant must complete all activity specified in the offer to receive bonus award miles. Partial bonuses for completing only certain activity will not be awarded. Bonus award miles may only be earned once.
- Qualifying trip requirements: Trip (as defined below) booking must be made after registration. All flight activity for applicable Trip must be complete on or prior to March 10, 2023. Each Trip must have a fare (as defined below) equal to or greater than the amount specified.
- The final fare amount for the Trip will be used to determine satisfaction of offer requirements, including itinerary changes that result in an increase or decrease to the fare and paid upgrades that result in an increase to the fare.
- “Trip” is defined as each unique travel itinerary as documented by United with a confirmation number.
- For this promotion, only dollars spent on the “fare” on eligible flights operated by United® and United Express® will qualify toward meeting spending milestones. Certain specialty tickets, including but not limited to unpublished, consolidator/bulk, group, tour and opaque fares, will not be counted towards spending milestones. Dollars spent on tickets purchased for flights operated by Star Alliance™ member airline or a United MileagePlus® partner airline with tickets issued by United (ticket number starting with “016”) will not qualify for this offer. The “fare” is the base fare of the ticket plus carrier-imposed surcharges, excluding any government-imposed taxes and surcharges. For tickets purchased in a currency other than U.S. dollars, we will convert the purchase to U.S. dollars using an industry standard exchange rate. Please note that the price displayed when purchasing a ticket on united.com includes up to a 7.5% U.S. Federal Transportation Tax on the base amount of the fare on itineraries wholly within the United States. This tax also applies to certain itineraries between the United States and Canada or Mexico.
- Offer is not valid on government fares.
- Flights on award travel tickets do not qualify for meeting the requirements of this offer.
- E-Ticket purchase is required. Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change without notice.
Anthony’s Take: I’d like to be selected for one of these promos (at least once). While most of the offers aren’t enough to change buying habits, it’s a nice incremental bonus if you plan to fly United during this timeframe.
User Generated Content Disclosure: The Bulkhead Seat encourages constructive discussions, comments, and questions. Responses are not provided by or commissioned by any bank advertisers. These responses have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the responsibility of the bank advertiser to respond to comments.
I hardly ever fly UA and got an offer of 1 trip and I’d get 2,500 miels.