Advertiser Disclosure: The Bulkhead Seat earns an affiliate commission for anyone approved through the links below. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. We work to provide the best publicly available offers to our readers. We frequently update them, but this site does not include all available offers.
RESERVE powered by CLEAR is a free service that allows passengers to book a dedicated time slot in airport security lines at select airports in the US, Canada, and Europe.
CLEAR debuted RESERVE powered by CLEAR in 2021. Demand for RESERVE powered by CLEAR increased 179% over the last six months with over five million reservations completed since the service was launched. RESERVE powered by CLEAR is available at select terminals in the following 19 airports:
- Schiphol Amsterdam Airport (AMS)
- Berlin Brandenburg Airport (BER)
- Calgary International Airport (YYC)
- Denver International Airport (DEN)
- Edmonton International Airport (YEG)
- Frankfurt am Main Airport (FRA)
- Halifax Stanfield International Airport (YHZ)
- Hannover Airport (HAJ)
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport (MSP)
- Montréal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport (YUL)
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
- New York John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- Orlando International Airport (MCO)
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)
- Rome Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino Airport (FCO)
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
- Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ)
- Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
Surveyed travelers reported they saved around 30 minutes each visit using RESERVE. This is not CLEAR Plus. If you want to use the CLEAR Lane, you need to be a CLEAR Plus member.
CLEAR CEO, Caryn Seidman-Becker, said:
5 million reservations and counting shows there is real demand from travelers for a more predictable and seamless experience. With a record number of travelers passing through our airports, we are encouraged to see more travelers utilize this tool to save time waiting in line – valuable time that can now be spent with their friends, families or enjoying their travel experience.”
How It Works
To make a reservation with RESERVE powered by CLEAR, travelers must enter their flight details on this dedicated booking site.
Enter the number of people in the traveling party.
Select an available reservation time.
Enter your name and email address.
Click Create an appointment. At the airport, passengers will have access to a security checkpoint lane designated for RESERVE reservations. After scanning a QR code, they can enter the separate security lane.
Reservations for any of the RESERVE powered by CLEAR lanes across the US can be made at the link above or in the free CLEAR app. After downloading the app, users can find nearby CLEAR Lanes and gain expedited entry to venues for sporting events and concerts.
Anthony’s Take: If you do not have a CLEAR Plus membership, this is the way to go to minimize security wait times. With the busy Labor Day weekend ahead, now might be the perfect time to try this free service.
(Image Credits: Orlando International Airport.)
User Generated Content Disclosure: The Bulkhead Seat encourages constructive discussions, comments, and questions. Responses are not provided by or commissioned by any bank advertisers. These responses have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the responsibility of the bank advertiser to respond to comments.