Advertiser Disclosure: The Bulkhead Seat earns an affiliate commission for anyone approved through the links below. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. We work to provide the best publicly available offers to our readers. We frequently update them, but this site does not include all available offers.
Capital One is opening its second lounge at Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) tomorrow. This lounge arrives nearly two years after the first location debuted at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW).
The Capital One lounge is located in the main terminal at Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD), past TSA Pre-Check between the East and West Security Checkpoints. It’s accessible to passengers traveling to or from other concourses via the underground tram. This is simple as all concourses are connected on the airside, so you won’t have to clear security again.
The lounge measures 8,500 square feet, which is smaller than the 10,000-square-foot lounge at Dallas/Forth Worth International Airport (DFW) and the 11,200-square-foot location that will be opening at Denver International Airport (DEN). The lounge’s decor is inspired by the airport’s historical terminal and is influenced by architect Eero Saarinen and artist Harry Bertoia. It will feature similar amenities to the other location with a buffet of hot and cold food, grab-and-go food such as jarred salads, granola bowls, and fresh juices, lockers to store belongings, a barista operating a coffee and pastry bar, ample seating, tons of power outlets, and a full-service bar. Local artists’ work is highlighted in the lounge. Food and beverage options include local favorites like Lost Rhino Brewing Co, Bresca’s, and River-Sea Chocolates.
The lounge will be open 5:30 AM to 9:00 PM daily. During its soft opening (from September 7th to 15th), the hours are reduced to 8:30 AM to 7:00 PM.
Lounge Access Policy
Venture X, Venture X Business, Venture, and Spark Miles customers enjoy access to Capital One Lounges at complimentary and discounted rates. These include:
- Venture X (and any authorized users) enjoy unlimited complimentary access, plus complimentary entry for two guests (entry costs $45 for each additional guest).
- Venture X Business primary cardholders enjoy unlimited complimentary access, plus complimentary entry for two guests (entry costs $45 for each additional guest).
- Venture and Spark Miles cardholders receive two complimentary visits annually. Additional entries cost $45 per visit.
- All other Capital One cardholders and non-cardholders can pay $65 per visit.
- Kids under the age of two, accompanied by eligible cardholders, receive complimentary entrance.
- A boarding pass for a departing or connecting, same-day flight, up to three hours before their departure time is required for entry.
Anthony’s Take: I’ll be in Dallas next week and am hoping to stop by and review that location. I’m not sure when I’ll be in Washington DC, but the new lounge sounds impressive.
(Image Credits: Capital One.)
User Generated Content Disclosure: The Bulkhead Seat encourages constructive discussions, comments, and questions. Responses are not provided by or commissioned by any bank advertisers. These responses have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the responsibility of the bank advertiser to respond to comments.