Advertiser Disclosure: The Bulkhead Seat earns an affiliate commission for anyone approved through the links below. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. We work to provide the best publicly available offers to our readers. We frequently update them, but this site does not include all available offers.
United Airlines is celebrating 42 years of MileagePlus with an award sale for Premier® members and Chase cardholders. Roundtrip tickets to Tahiti are 42,000 miles and Australia awards are 60,000 miles, plus taxes and fees starting at $94.25. This is 25% to 40% off typical roundtrip award fares to Australia and Tahiti.
Flights to Australia or Tahiti must be booked by May 6th for travel between August 15th through December 10th.
Here are the Sale Options:
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO) to Tahiti’s Faa’a International Airport (PPT) for 42,000 miles roundtrip
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO), Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), or Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) to Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport (SYD) for 60,000 miles roundtrip
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO) or Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) to Melbourne Airport (MEL) for 60,000 miles roundtrip
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO) or Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) to Brisbane Airport (BNE) for 60,000 miles roundtrip
Terms and Conditions:
- This offer is targeted to United MileagePlus Cardmembers and Premier members from May 1-May 6, 2023. General members gain access to the sale from May 4-6, 2023. Primary Cardmembers or MileagePlus members must login using a MileagePlus number to book award travel. No limit to the number of award tickets booked. This promotion applies to new award bookings only.
- Promotion valid for travel: To Australia (BNE, SYD, MEL) from all mainland U.S. airports or to Tahiti (PPT) from all mainland U.S. airports
- Tickets must be purchased between May 1, 2023 and May 6, 2023. Roundtrip purchase is required. (Premiers and/or United Chase Cardmembers gain access to the sale for the entire purchase period. Non-Cardholding General Members will gain access to the sale on May 4, 2023 until the end of the purchase period).
- Travel beginning on or after August 15, 2023 and travel completed by December 10, 2023.
- Blackout dates: None.
- Awards shown are valid for travel Sunday through Saturday. Awards are valid in the Economy (Coach) cabin on United/United Express carriers. Some flights may be operated by the following airlines, doing business as United Express: Air Wisconsin, CommuteAir, GoJetAirlines, Mesa Airlines, Republic Airways, or SkyWest Airlines; or may be operated pursuant to a codeshare agreement, such as Silver Airways.
- Fares, fees, rules and offers are subject to change without notice. Seats are capacity-controlled and may not be available on all flights or days. Other restrictions may apply.
- Taxes + Fees: To BNE, MEL, SYD: Starting at $94.25. To PPT: Starting at $117.95.
- Miles, awards and benefits are subject to the rules of the MileagePlus program. For details, see united.com.
- Chase is not responsible for the provision of, or failure to provide, the stated benefits and services.
- United credit cards are issued by JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. Member FDIC. Accounts subject to credit approval. Restrictions and limitations apply. Offer subject to change.
Anthony’s Take: This is a great offer if Australia or Tahiti is in your travel plans. I wish that they would run a Polaris sale, but you won’t find a much cheaper way to travel than this award sale.
Anthony’s Credit Card Pick: The United℠ Explorer Card is the best card for regular United flyers and one of the two United cards I hold. The annual fee is waived the first year, then it’s $95. With it, you get 2 miles per $1 spent on United Airlines, restaurants, and hotels (booked directly through the hotel); 1 mile per $1 spent on all other qualifying purchases. Other benefits include: upgrades on award tickets for Premier® members (a benefit not offered to anyone else other than GS members), a free checked bag on every flight, a 25% statement credit on purchases made onboard (think Wi-Fi or snacks), two United Club℠ passes (annually) and priority boarding with Group 2. Learn more.
User Generated Content Disclosure: The Bulkhead Seat encourages constructive discussions, comments, and questions. Responses are not provided by or commissioned by any bank advertisers. These responses have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the responsibility of the bank advertiser to respond to comments.