Advertiser Disclosure: The Bulkhead Seat earns an affiliate commission for anyone approved through the links below. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. We work to provide the best publicly available offers to our readers. We frequently update them, but this site does not include all available offers.
The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands is a luxurious paradise nestled amidst the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean. This exclusive resort offers a truly enchanting experience, with its pristine white sandy beaches, lush tropical vegetation, and stunning overwater villas. Paradise turned into horror for one guest who claims a butler assigned to her room raped her while staying at the resort.
I was raped in the Maldives. I don’t know how many people this will reach to but help me get help. I arrived in the Maldives on the 6th. I was to return to China on the 10th but i extended mg stay and decided to stay at the @RCMaldives pic.twitter.com/Sw97N5j6qI
— XuYitong (@YolyYitong) June 18, 2023
The Chinese woman is studying abroad in Australia and took a holiday in the Maldives. On May 6th, she claims the following occurred:
- She checked in and was assigned a butler to show her the features of her room.
- She had an accident with her phone getting wet and the butler let her use his phone to contact her family.
- He then allegedly sat on her bed and asked her why she was there alone. He then asked to kiss her and told her it was okay for them to have sex.
- Next, he forced himself on her, touched her private parts, and “released himself on [her] computer screen.”
- She then went to hotel management and asked to have the police called. Supposedly, the hotel removed her laptop and the towel with his semen on it. When police arrived, they took a statement.
- She sought medical attention and she was asked to leave the hotel.
- Allegedly, the hotel said that she was only angling for a free stay and that the story was made up.
- She rebuked this claim saying that her family is “well reputed and rich.”
The hotel replied on social media with the following statement:
We take such allegations seriously and this matter is currently with the police. The safety and well-being of our guests and associates are of the utmost importance. We continue to cooperate with the authorities, and are in regular communication with the guest.”
Not true. No communication nor an apology from the resort since the incident. It's worrying that RC seems to be attempting to cover up the rape incident at their property. #RCMemories #VisitMaldives #Maldives #metoo@PoliceMv @M_Hameedh @IbuSolih @MoTmv @visitmaldives https://t.co/nzyX0mDJtJ
— XuYitong (@YolyYitong) June 20, 2023
She fired back today with the Tweet above.
This is a terrible story and I feel bad for this woman. I have no reason to believe that she made this story up and if everything was handled as written above then the hotel has done a terrible job here. I’d even argue that they interfered if everything described is accurate.
Anthony’s Take: I hope that this situation gets the proper attention and that Marriott steps in to help here. They certainly don’t want all of this negative publicity. I also hope that justice is served and that this woman is able to find some peace.
(Featured Image Credit: Marriott.)
H/T: One Mile at a Time.
User Generated Content Disclosure: The Bulkhead Seat encourages constructive discussions, comments, and questions. Responses are not provided by or commissioned by any bank advertisers. These responses have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the responsibility of the bank advertiser to respond to comments.