Advertiser Disclosure: The Bulkhead Seat earns an affiliate commission for anyone approved through the links below. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. We work to provide the best publicly available offers to our readers. We frequently update them, but this site does not include all available offers.
Spirit Airlines is the largest US-based, low-cost carrier serving Colombia. It flies to seven Colombian cities from Fort Lauderdale International Airport (FLL) and Orlando International Airport (MCO).
The carrier began flying to Colombia in 2008 with flights to Bogota El Dorado International Airport (BOG) and Cartagena de Indias Airport (CTG). Since then it has added Armenia El Edén International Airport (AXM), Barranquilla Ernesto Cortissoz International Airport (BAQ), Cali Alfonso Bonilla Aragón International Airport (CLO), Aeropuerto Internacional de Medellín (MDE), and Bucaramanga Palonegro International Airport (BGA) to its route map.
The Spirit Charitable Foundation commemorated the carrier’s 15th anniversary in Bogota with a $100,000 donation to the Mano Amiga school in Zipaquirá. The nonprofit organization transforms the lives of children in need through education. The Spirit Charitable Foundation helped expand the Mano Amiga School in 2019. The Foundation also donated $15,000 to Club Deportivo Academia de Béisbol Hermanos Rentería in Cartagena earlier this year.
Ted Christie, President and CEO of Spirit Airlines, said:
Our Guests in Colombia have really embraced our low-fare, high-value model over the last 15 years, allowing us to offer even more options to travelers across the country and grow our service to seven Colombian cities. We’re excited to celebrate this milestone with our Guests and local partners and look forward to continue serving our Colombian Guests and the community through the Spirit Charitable Foundation.”
Spirit is offering a fare sale for flights to all Colombian destinations between September 5th and November 8th with no blackout dates. Fares require a seven-day advance purchase*. Free Spirit® members can earn 1,500 bonus points on roundtrip flights and 750 points on one-way flights to and from Colombia. Flights must be booked by September 30th and flown by November 30th**.
Terms & Conditions:
- *All fares are one-way (Colombia to U.S.), subject to 7-day advance purchase, valid for travel from 09/05/2023 – 11/08/2023 (no blackouts or day of week restrictions), and subject to availability.
- **To qualify for Colombia’s 15-year anniversary Free Spirit® 1,500 or 750 Points promotion you must (i) be a Free Spirit® member; (ii) book travel on a Qualifying Flight Segment. A “Qualifying Flight Segment” is a trip originating from/to AXM, BAQ, BGA, BOG, CLO, CTG, and MDE on a flight operated by Spirit Airlines and booked by 11:59PM ET on Sept. 30, 2023 with travel completed by Nov. 30, 2023.
- Free Spirit® Bonus Points will be automatically added to your account after completing a Qualifying Flight Segment.
- Bonus points earned through the Colombia Anniversary Free Spirit® Points promotion would offer standard Status Qualification Points (SQPs).
- Offer is subject to change without notice.
- Other restrictions and conditions may apply.
Anthony’s Take: Cartagena is a great city and there is a lot to check out in the rest of Colombia. It’s become a hugely popular destination and Spirit’s presence will only help that to grow. It’s nice to see the airline also giving back.
User Generated Content Disclosure: The Bulkhead Seat encourages constructive discussions, comments, and questions. Responses are not provided by or commissioned by any bank advertisers. These responses have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the responsibility of the bank advertiser to respond to comments.