Advertiser Disclosure: The Bulkhead Seat earns an affiliate commission for anyone approved through the links below. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. We work to provide the best publicly available offers to our readers. We frequently update them, but this site does not include all available offers.
I’m fortunate enough to have Global Entry, TSA PreCheck®, and a CLEAR Plus membership. The combination has saved me countless hours of time when traveling on both domestic and international flights. These services all have costs associated with them, but there is now a free alternative that is letting passengers make appointments to cut the lines at select airports.
RESERVE powered by CLEAR allows anyone with a reservation the ability to schedule a time slot for expedited security. The program is available for free and does not involve taking your fingerprints or retinal scan or going though a background check. It does not work with any of the programs mentioned above, so you’ll be taking off your shoes and taking out your laptop, but it will move travelers to the head of the standard security line.
How it Works
- When traveling, first go to the RESERVE site to book your time slot.
- Choose the airport you are departing from.
- Enter your flight details, the number of passengers in your group, and find a time to go through security that works for you.
- Once you select a time and input your information, you’ll receive a confirmation email with a QR code.
- Upon arrival at the RESERVE Lane, scan your QR code with our staff and enjoy the fast lane.
It looks like this can be booked a few days before a flight.
Where is RESERVE Powered by CLEAR Available?
There are 13 airports in North America and six in Europe that are participating. These include:
- Calgary International Airport (YYC)
- Denver International Airport (DEN)
- Edmonton International Airport (YEG)
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- Minneapolis−Saint Paul International Airport (MSP)
- Montréal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport (YUL)
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
- New York John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- Orlando International Airport (MCO)
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
- Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ)
- Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (AMS)
- Berlin Brandenburg Airport (BER)
- Frankfurt am Main Airport (FRA)
- Hannover Airport (HAJ)
- Keflavík International Airport (KEF)
- Rome Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci Airport (FCO)
Anthony’s Take: Anything to speed up security is a good thing. I don’t have much of an opinion here since it will not be negatively impacting the TSA PreCheck® or CLEAR Plus lanes. We’ll see how this works out this summer and if it expands to more airports.
User Generated Content Disclosure: The Bulkhead Seat encourages constructive discussions, comments, and questions. Responses are not provided by or commissioned by any bank advertisers. These responses have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the responsibility of the bank advertiser to respond to comments.