Advertiser Disclosure: The Bulkhead Seat earns an affiliate commission for anyone approved through the links below. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. We work to provide the best publicly available offers to our readers. We frequently update them, but this site does not include all available offers.
If you’re holding MGM Rewards status from a World of Hyatt match, skip this article. For those that gamble (and spend quite a lot in the casinos), this could be a good opportunity to boost your MGM Rewards’ status.
I had held Noir status for many years as a gift from Hyatt (years ago they matched select Globalists to Noir and then it kept renewing). Without the match, I play enough at MGM properties to naturally earn Gold. I’ll be heading back this weekend and we’ll see what this promo nets me. Here are the details (additional terms and more can be found here):
Earn bonus Tier Credits by reaching daily milestones during your Las Vegas visit, fast-tracking your way to elevated Tier Status, unlocking new benefits as you advance tiers.
I play a mix of high-limit slots and high-limit BlackJack. I doubt I’ll earn enough Tier Credits, but we’ll see what’s in the cards this weekend.
- Earn 5,000 Tier Credits in one promotional day, receive a 1,250 Tier Credit Bonus. That’s 6,250 Tier Credits in one day.
- Earn 10,000 Tier Credits in one promotional day, receive a 5,000 Tier Credit Bonus. That’s 15,000 Tier Credits in one day.
- Earn 20,000 Tier Credits in one promotional day, receive a 20,000 Tier Credit Bonus. That’s 40,000 Tier Credits in one day for Gold Tier Status in just two days.
- Earn 40,000 Tier Credits in one promotional day, receive a 60,000 Tier Credit Bonus. That’s 100,000 Tier Credits in one day for Platinum Tier Status in just two days.
- Accelerator is open to all MGM Rewards members, regardless of status. To participate, simply show your physical or digital MGM Rewards card with each eligible on-property purchase, use your card when gaming, or charge your purchases to your hotel folio.
- Accelerator has four levels of Tier Credit bonuses, awarded based on meeting one of four Tier Credit milestones in a single promotional day. The more Tier Credits you earn, the higher your bonus, and the faster you’ll advance your Tier Status. While you can only earn one Accelerator bonus per promotional day, there is no other limits on how many total bonuses earned during the offer period.
- Tier Credits earned are based on a single promotional day’s activity during the offer period. Each promotional day during the offer period begins at 6:00 am PT on a calendar day and ends at 5:59 am PT on the following calendar day (with the last promotional day starting on July 31, 2023 at 6:00 am PT) subject to certain exceptions related to hotel folio charges. All eligible Tier Credits earned during a promotional day qualify towards earning a bonus Tier Credit for that promotional day. Tier Credits earned from gaming and non-gaming spend (excluding stay-related charges described below) will be posted to your MGM Rewards account immediately. Tier Credits awarded for stay-related charges (such as applicable room rate, resort fee, parking fee, early check-in fee, and late check-out fee) are posted nightly at or about 2:00 am PT and are deemed to be earned on the promotional day that they are posted.
- Tier Credit bonuses are issued based on the minimum Tier Credits threshold per milestone, and Tier Credits earned above the milestone threshold do not rollover to the subsequent promotional day.
- Yes, your Accelerator Tier Credit bonus has the same value as earned Tier Credits.
- To qualify for an Accelerator bonus, spend must occur on-property at an MGM Rewards Las Vegas destination during your Las Vegas visit. Earn Tier Credits for slots, video poker and table games based on length of play, average bet and game type. Earn 4 Tier Credits per dollar spent on your hotel stay, dining, spa and salon services and entertainment.
Taxes, gratuity, and complimentary redemptions are not eligible to earn Tier Credits. Additionally, all Tier Credits earned through BetMGM (both online and at physical BetMGM Sportsbooks) do not qualify towards earning an Accelerator Tier Credit bonus. Additionally, Tier Credits earned through the use of an MGM Rewards Mastercard do not count towards earning an Accelerator Tier Credit bonus.
Anthony’s Take: If you are a serious gambler, this promo could help you boost your status quickly. MGM revamped the program recently and the higher tiers have some great benefits. Wish me luck this weekend.
User Generated Content Disclosure: The Bulkhead Seat encourages constructive discussions, comments, and questions. Responses are not provided by or commissioned by any bank advertisers. These responses have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the responsibility of the bank advertiser to respond to comments.