Advertiser Disclosure: The Bulkhead Seat earns an affiliate commission for anyone approved through the links below. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. We work to provide the best publicly available offers to our readers. We frequently update them, but this site does not include all available offers.
Weather forecasters at Accuweather are warning that snow could hit mid-Atlantic, New York City, and New England with inclement weather expected throughout the day. More than 850 flights were cancelled as of yesterday afternoon.
At least half a foot of snow is likely for parts of New York City and Long Island while areas of interior Connecticut and the Lower Hudson Valley could see closer to a foot of snow tonight through tomorrow afternoon. Know what to expect! #NYwx #CTwx #NJwx pic.twitter.com/VzFsm6s9yf
— NWS New York NY (@NWSNewYorkNY) February 12, 2024
American Airlines has issued a weather waiver for 16 airports in the Northeastern United States. Here are the waiver details:
- Are traveling on an American Airlines flight
- Are booked in any fare class, including Basic Economy
- Bought your ticket by February 9, 2024
- Are scheduled to travel February 13, 2024
- Can travel February 11 – 15, 2024
- Don’t change your origin or destination city
- Rebook in the same cabin or pay the difference
- Changes must be booked by February 13, 2024
- Travel must be completed within 1 year of original ticket date; difference in fare may apply
Delta Air Lines
Delta Air Lines has issued a weather waiver for 17 airports in the Northeastern United States. Here are the waiver details:
- Traveling on February 13th or 14th
- When rebooked travel occurs on or before February 16, 2024, in the same cabin of service as originally booked, the fare difference will be waived.
- A fare difference may apply when the waiver is class to class restrictive and the original booking class is not maintained in the rebooked itinerary.
- When rebooked travel occurs after February 16, 2024, a difference in fare may apply.
- If travel is not able to be rescheduled within these guidelines, customers may cancel their reservation and apply any unused value of the ticket toward the purchase of a new ticket for a period of one year from the original ticket issuance. Applicable fare difference may apply for new travel dates. Final travel must be completed by end of ticket validity.
JetBlue Airways has issued a weather waiver for 10 airports in the Northeastern United States. Here are the waiver details:
We are anticipating winter storm weather in the Northeast. We will waive change/cancel fees and fare differences for customers traveling Tuesday, February 13, 2024.
Customers may rebook their flights for travel through Thursday, February 15, 2024, online in the manage trips section of jetblue.com before the departure time of their originally scheduled flight. Customers with cancelled flights may also opt for a refund to the original form of payment. Original travel must have been booked on or before Sunday, February 11, 2024.
Southwest Airlines has issued a weather waiver for eight airports in the Northeastern United States. Here are the waiver details:
- Customers holding reservations to, from, or through the cities listed above on Tuesday, February 13, and want to alter their travel plans may rebook in the original class of service or travel standby (within 14 days of their original date of travel between the original city-pairs and in accordance with our accommodation procedures) without paying additional charges.
- Customers who purchased their flights via Southwest.com, our mobile app, or by calling Southwest Airlines are eligible to reschedule their travel plans online or from their mobile device.
Spirit Airlines has issued a weather waiver for six airports in the Northeastern United States. Here are the waiver details:
- Travel on February 13th
- Modification Charge/Fare Difference waived through February 15, 2024
- Guests can make changes to their reservations affected by this event by going to My Trips, or by calling the Spirit Reservations Center at 855-728-3555 to make flight changes.
Guests can also reach us by texting “Hello” to 48763 or WhatsApp directly at 855-728-3555.
Spirit Airlines has issued a weather waiver for 19 airports in the Northeastern United States. Here are the waiver details:
You can reschedule your trip and we’ll waive change fees and fare differences. But, your new flight must be a United flight departing between February 10, 2024 and February 18, 2024. Tickets must be in the same cabin and between the same cities as originally booked.
If your new trip is after February 10, 2025, or is to a different destination, we’ll still waive any change fees but you might have to pay a fare difference depending on the flight.
Anthony’s Take: I’m happy that I won’t be in the Northeast tomorrow as the forecast looks pretty bad. I’m not a fan of snow and happily avoid it at all costs. Good luck to anyone traveling over the next few days.
(Featured Image Credit: uatp2.)
User Generated Content Disclosure: The Bulkhead Seat encourages constructive discussions, comments, and questions. Responses are not provided by or commissioned by any bank advertisers. These responses have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the responsibility of the bank advertiser to respond to comments.