Advertiser Disclosure: The Bulkhead Seat earns an affiliate commission for anyone approved through the links below. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. We work to provide the best publicly available offers to our readers. We frequently update them, but this site does not include all available offers.
Low-cost carrier, Frontier Airlines announced that its new frequent flier program, FRONTIER Miles℠, is now live. The program has moved to a revenue-based program this year where members earn miles and status on how much they spend.
FRONTIER Miles℠ members were earning miles at a rate of 10 miles per $1 based on the amount spent on flights, bag fees, seat selection fees, and bundles. Now, members will earn miles based on their tier as well as the amount spend. Top-tier, Diamond members can earn up to 20x miles per dollar spent. Here are the requirements and multipliers by tier:
- Silver: Requires 10,000 miles earned; 12x multiplier
- Gold: Requires 20,000 miles earned; 14x multiplier
- Platinum: Requires 50,000 miles earned; 16x multiplier
- Diamond: Requires 100,000 miles earned; 20x multiplier
Benefits for All Elite Levels
- Free advance seat assignments
- No change or cancel fees, when changes are made seven days or more in advance of flight departure. (Note: Fare and options price difference applies to changes and cancellations.)
- Priority Customer Care
- Family Pooling
- Zone 2 Priority Boarding
Benefits for Gold and Above
- Free upgrades to Premium Seating (subject to availability)
- Free carry-on bag for status holder
- Zone 1 Priority Boarding
Benefits for Platinum and Above
- Free carry-on bag for all passengers on the same booking
- Free checked bag, including golf, ski or scuba gear
- Free pet-in-cabin (subject to availability)
- Ability to gift Silver status to a family member or friend
Benefits for Diamond
- Two free checked bags for each individual on the same booking
- Ability to gift Gold status to a family member or friend
- Board First
Travel Miles are earned in several ways,:
- With eligible purchases on Flyfrontier.com
- By using a FRONTIER Airlines World Mastercard
- Through earning miles with a Frontier travel partner
- Purchasing miles.
Travel Miles are redeemable for free flight on Frontier Airlines. Miles do not expire as long there is eligible activity on a member’s account annually.
Elite Status Points are accumulated by making eligible purchases on Flyfrontier.com or with your FRONTIER Airlines World Mastercard. Elite Status Points are used solely to track a member’s progress toward Elite status. Elite status is earned during a calendar year (like most US programs aside from American AAdvantage).
Anthony’s Take: Frontier’s program is in line with most other US programs and this revenue-based model is the new norm. If you’re a frequent Frontier flyer, it gets easier to earn and maintain status as you climb through the various tiers.
User Generated Content Disclosure: The Bulkhead Seat encourages constructive discussions, comments, and questions. Responses are not provided by or commissioned by any bank advertisers. These responses have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the responsibility of the bank advertiser to respond to comments.