Advertiser Disclosure: The Bulkhead Seat earns an affiliate commission for anyone approved through the links below. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. We work to provide the best publicly available offers to our readers. We frequently update them, but this site does not include all available offers.
American AAdvantage and World of Hyatt have had a partnership in place since 2019. It offers the opportunity to earn bonus miles/points and some other reciprocal perks. Now, American is offering a Fast Track to World of Hyatt status.
American AAdvantage Gold, Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Executive Platinum members that do not currently hold World of Hyatt status are eligible for the promotion. With this fast track, certain members can earn Explorist or Globalist status based on qualifying activity during a 90-day period (only Platinum Pro and Executive Platinum members are eligible for the Globalist challenge).
- You must register here by November 30th
- Members will receive Explorist status during the trial
- To maintain World of Hyatt Explorist status, members must complete 10 qualifying nights
- To earn Globalist status, Platinum Pro or Executive Platinum members must complete 20 qualifying nights
- Status earned during the trial period will last until February 2025
Terms & Conditions:
- Eligible AAdvantage® members can complete the qualifying World of Hyatt challenge activity within the first 90 days after registering to keep World of Hyatt Explorist or achieve Globalist status through February 2025.
- Globalist status challenge is only available to AAdvantage® Platinum Pro and Executive Platinum members.
- AAdvantage Gold and Platinum members must stay 10 Tier-Qualifying Nights to keep Explorist status.
- AAdvantage Platinum Pro and Executive Platinum members must stay 10 Tier-Qualifying Nights to keep Explorist status or stay 20 Tier-Qualifying Nights to earn Globalist status. If awarded, status will last through February 2025.
- Qualifying activity is earned when a World of Hyatt member books an eligible rate or award night through Hyatt channels. Once earned, members can enjoy elite benefits like a dedicated check-in area, late check-out upon request, room upgrades and club lounge access or complimentary breakfast (benefits vary by tier level).
- Upon registration, the Eligible Member will receive a trial upgrade to Explorist status for 90 days (“Explorist Trial Period”). The trial will provide the member with the benefits of Explorist status, as set forth in the World of Hyatt program terms, provided that the member will not receive any Club Lounge Access Awards (as defined in the World of Hyatt program terms). To maintain Explorist status through February 2025, the member must complete ten (10) Tier-Qualifying Nights (as defined in the World of Hyatt program terms) at any participating Hyatt hotels and resorts worldwide, participating MGM Resort destinations, Small Luxury Hotels of the World (“SLH”) hotels, and Lindblad Expeditions.
- Only Tier-Qualifying Nights completed by the member during the member’s Trial Explorist Period will count toward this offer. Stays completed by the member prior to the start of their Trial Explorist Period will not count towards this offer (even if any night stayed otherwise qualifies as a Tier-Qualifying Night). Further, in order for Tier-Qualifying Nights completed during the member’s Explorist Trial Period to count toward this offer, the member must check out of their reservation during their Explorist Trial Period. If member checks into a reservation during their Explorist Period, but does not check out until after the Explorist Trial Period has ended, no nights stayed as part of that reservation will count toward this offer. Explorist Trial Period begins at registration and may not be extended. World of Hyatt Credit Card night credits do not qualify as Tier-Qualifying Nights.
- If the member earns Explorist status through February 2025 by completing the criteria above, their new status will be applied within 7 business days of checkout of the stay during which they complete the applicable requirement.
Anthony’s Take: If you don’t have status with World of Hyatt, this is a great opportunity to earn status for one third of the usual nights required. You need to hold American AAdvantage status to be eligible, but if you qualify and see yourself staying at Hyatt hotels, register now.
User Generated Content Disclosure: The Bulkhead Seat encourages constructive discussions, comments, and questions. Responses are not provided by or commissioned by any bank advertisers. These responses have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the responsibility of the bank advertiser to respond to comments.