Advertiser Disclosure: The Bulkhead Seat earns an affiliate commission for anyone approved through the links below. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. We work to provide the best publicly available offers to our readers. We frequently update them, but this site does not include all available offers.
Northern Pacific Airways is a new carrier that launched on July 14th. The airline has ambitions to connect Asia and North America through its hub in Anchorage. It hasn’t made it quite that far yet and has been flying between Ontario International Airport (ONT) in California and Las Vegas Harry Reid International Airport (LAS).
It just announced that it’s increasing the frequency of this flight from 1x weekly to 3x on Sunday, Thursday, and Friday when departing Ontario and Sunday, Monday, and Thursday from Las Vegas. Flights on Northern Pacific Airways are on a Boeing 757 with 181 seats (16 in First Class, 36 in Economy Select, and 129 in Economy).
Past press releases have touted the goal of Northern Pacific Airways is to bring tourism to Alaska. This hasn’t happened yet (since the airline isn’t currently flying there), but it expects to soon and has already debuted a First Class lounge at Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport (ANC).
Northern Pacific Airways has a loyalty program known as Navigator Rewards. Instead of earning miles, travelers earn FLY. Per the airline, “FLY look and act just like regular frequent flier miles. But by being a real cryptocurrency under the hood: FLY can be earned via many partners; FLY never expire… you truly own them; FLY allow permissionless transfer and exchange; FLY allow travelers to delve into crypto with no risk.”
There are three tiers of elite status. These are earned as follows:
- Reach a balance of 25,000 FLY to gain Bronze Status
- Reach a balance of 50,000 FLY to gain Silver Status
- Reach a balance of 250,000 FLY to gain Gold Status
- 40% FLY bonus on Northern Pacific and Ravn flights.
- Preboarding/Upgrade Priority: #3.
- Access to the Navigator Club.
- Two free bags for you.
- 60% FLY bonus on Northern Pacific and Ravn flights.
- Preboarding/Upgrade Priority: #2.
- Access to the Navigator Club for you and a companion.
- Two free bags for you and a companion on each flight.
- 120% FLY bonus on Northern Pacific or Ravn flights.
- Preboarding/Upgrade Priority: #1.
- Access to the Navigator Club for you and 6 companions.
- Two free bags for you and 6 companions each flight.
These benefits seem valuable, but they won’t be attainable until the airline launches a more extensive route network.
Anthony’s Take: It looks like Northern Pacific Airways has big dreams and is putting the elements needed for an attractive airline in place (lounge, frequent flyer program, etc.), but they’ll need to launch many more flights before they can reach these goals.
(Image Credits: Northern Pacific Airways.)
User Generated Content Disclosure: The Bulkhead Seat encourages constructive discussions, comments, and questions. Responses are not provided by or commissioned by any bank advertisers. These responses have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the responsibility of the bank advertiser to respond to comments.