Advertiser Disclosure: The Bulkhead Seat earns an affiliate commission for anyone approved through the links below. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. We work to provide the best publicly available offers to our readers. We frequently update them, but this site does not include all available offers.
Marriott Bonvoy® has announced its fall global promo where members earn 1,500 points for every paid stay between September 12th and December 6th. Plus, an additional 3,000 points can be earned for every three brands stayed at during the promo period.
Registration is open through November 22nd. Only paid stays count for this promotion, so Cash + Points Awards, Free Night Awards, and points redemptions are not eligible. There are no earning limits for the 1,500 point component and an additional 30,000 points could be earned if someone stayed at all of Marriott’s brands.
This is a great promotion if you typically have short stays or tend to hop around between brands. This is the way I usually travel and past promos that required multi-night or weekend stays didn’t do much for me. Register here.
Terms & Conditions:
- Registration of your Marriott Bonvoy® account is required.
- Marriott Bonvoy members who register for this promotion by November 22, 2023, will earn 1,500 bonus points per eligible paid stay, plus an additional 3,000 bonus points after three eligible paid stays, each at a different participating Marriott Bonvoy hotel brand, during the 85-night promotion earning period.
- The promotion earning period is for eligible paid stays, personally completed and paid for by the registered member, between September 12, 2023, and December 6, 2023, at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties.
- Only eligible paid stays completed after registration and during the promotion earning period will qualify toward the promotion.
- A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity on any points-eligible rate (“Qualifying Rate”). Award redemption stays including Cash + Points Awards, Free Night Awards, or a points redemption are not eligible for the promotion.
- Rates available through most third-party online retailers and select travel agency rates do not qualify for this promotion (“Non-Qualifying Rate”).
- Stays at The Ritz Carlton Yacht Collection, Homes & Villas by Marriott Bonvoy, Marriott Executive Apartments®, and owner-occupied weeks at Marriott Vacation Club®, Marriott Grand Residence Club®, Sheraton Vacation Club®, Westin Vacation Club®, The Ritz-Carlton Club®, St. Regis Residence Club® and Luxury Collection Residence Club, are not eligible for bonus points for this promotion.
- Only one room at one property per stay is counted toward a member’s stay for the promotion.
- The 1,500 bonus points per eligible paid stay will be awarded to the member’s account within 7 business days after checkout and will post with the completed stay.
- There is no limit on the number of times a member can earn the 1,500 bonus points on each eligible paid stay completed during the promotion earning period.
- The additional 3,000 bonus points after completing three eligible paid stays at different Marriott Bonvoy participating hotel brands, will be awarded to the member’s account up to 6 weeks after the promotion earning period ends.
- To earn the additional 3,000 bonus points, members can only stay once at each participating Marriott Bonvoy hotel brand during the promotion earning period.
- A member who elects to earn miles is not eligible for this promotion.
- For a list of current participating Marriott Bonvoy properties, visit www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi.
Anthony’s Take: Register today for this promo. In my opinion, it’s one of the better ones Marriott has released and should work well for most members.
User Generated Content Disclosure: The Bulkhead Seat encourages constructive discussions, comments, and questions. Responses are not provided by or commissioned by any bank advertisers. These responses have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the responsibility of the bank advertiser to respond to comments.