Advertiser Disclosure: The Bulkhead Seat earns an affiliate commission for anyone approved through the links below. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. We work to provide the best publicly available offers to our readers. We frequently update them, but this site does not include all available offers.
Delta Air Lines announced that it is pulling out of two more regional markets. Effective this June, Delta will cease flights to two regional markets: La Crosse Regional Airport (LSE) and University Park Airport (SCE).
Currently, Delta flies once-daily from Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport (MSP) and La Crosse Regional Airport (LSE) in La Crosse, WI and offers twice-daily service between LaGuardia Airport (LGA) to University Park Airport (SCE) in State College, PA. These routes are operated by Endeavor Air.
While Delta says that these flights are suspended, they do not reappear on future flight schedules. Passengers looking to get to La Crosse Regional Airport (LSE) can fly American Eagle from Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD) and Philadelphia International Airport (PHL). United Express flies to University Park Airport (SCE) from Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD) and Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR).
These two routes are far from the only cuts that have been announced over the past few years. Even with travel booming, American, Delta, and United have dropped 71 cities from their route networks. Of those, United has pulled out of 38 markets. American has cut 18 routes and 17 were ceased by Delta (these are listed below).
US Cities Cut by Delta:
- Akron-Canton Airport (CAK)
- Cody Yellowstone Airport (COD)
- Durango-La Plata County Airport (DRO)
- Erie International Airport (ERI)
- Flint Bishop International Airport (FNT)
- Fort Smith Regional Airport (FSM)
- Grand Junction Regional Airport (GJT)
- La Crosse Regional Airport (LSE)
- Lincoln Airport (LNK)
- Manchester-Boston Regional Airport (MHT)
- Coastal Carolina Regional Airport (EWN)
- New York Stewart International Airport (SWF)
- Newport News/Williamsburg International Airport (PHF)
- General Wayne A. Downing Peoria International Airport (PIA)
- Santa Barbara Municipal Airport (SBA)
- University Park Airport (SCE)
- Wilkes-Barre Scranton International Airport (AVP)
Anthony’s Take: When smaller, regional airports lose flights it reduces connectivity and travel options for local residents. It also generally has a negative impact on price as without competition, airfares can become unchecked and pricey.
User Generated Content Disclosure: The Bulkhead Seat encourages constructive discussions, comments, and questions. Responses are not provided by or commissioned by any bank advertisers. These responses have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the responsibility of the bank advertiser to respond to comments.