Advertiser Disclosure: The Bulkhead Seat earns an affiliate commission for anyone approved through the links below. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. We work to provide the best publicly available offers to our readers. We frequently update them, but this site does not include all available offers.
One area that United blows away the competition is its mobile app. It has consistently worked to give customers more power to control their reservations and all the things that they need to do while traveling. A new feature adds hotel, meal, and rideshare vouchers automatically in irregular operations situations.
United today announced a new feature that will save customers time and reduce stress when travel plans get disrupted. Instead of waiting in a long line of frustrated travelers in need of assistance with cancellations or missed connections, the new self-service feature on the app will automatically present personalized rebooking options, bag tracking information, as well as meal, hotel, and rideshare vouchers when eligible.
When a flight is delayed by more than 60 minutes or canceled, customers will automatically see their options on the home screen of the United mobile app. Here are the features:
- Get Notified: A prompt right on the home screen will notify customers of the current status of their reservation.
- Check Flight and Rebooking Status: Passengers can confirm the status of their flight and see if they’ve been rebooked. They can also look at other flight options and choose what option works best for them.
- Track Your Bags: Checked baggage will be tracked each step of the way.
- View Eligible Vouchers: Customers will receive hotel, meal, rideshare vouchers when eligible in the app.
- Connect to a United Customer Service Agent Virtually: Call, text or video chat with one of United’s agents. They can offer the same assistance as airport agents.
These features add to the already robust offerings in the app and make it possible for passengers to have a much more seamless experience without the need to wait for agent assistance.
Anthony’s Take: For several years now, United has had the best airline app by far. The functionality, user experience, options, and overall features are great and make everything from simple seat changes to complex itinerary changes possible.
(Photo Credits: United Airlines.)
User Generated Content Disclosure: The Bulkhead Seat encourages constructive discussions, comments, and questions. Responses are not provided by or commissioned by any bank advertisers. These responses have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the responsibility of the bank advertiser to respond to comments.