Advertiser Disclosure: The Bulkhead Seat earns an affiliate commission for anyone approved through the links below. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. We work to provide the best publicly available offers to our readers. We frequently update them, but this site does not include all available offers.
Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Enrollment may be required for select American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
As reported by Miles to Memories, Delta cardholders will soon receive a 15% discount when redeeming SkyMiles for award flights. The new benefit will be called “TakeOff 15” and will be available to Gold, Platinum, and Reserve cardholders (both personal and business versions).
The photo above was taken from the Reddit thread found here.
Here is how this will work:
- Go to Delta.com and log into your Delta SkyMiles account
- Choose “Shop with Miles” when searching for Delta flights
- The 15% discount will automatically displayed
Here is the fine print:
- TakeOff 15 Eligibility: Basic Delta SkyMiles Gold, Platinum, and Reserve American Express Card Members, as well as Basic Delta SkyMiles Gold, Platinum, and Reserve Business American Express Card Members (each, an “Eligible Card”), can get at least a fifteen percent (15%) discount off the mileage portion of an Award Ticket (the “TakeOff 15” benefit). Additional Card Members are not eligible.
- Available only it entire itinerary is on Delta and Delta Connection” carrier-operated and ticketed lights booked at delta com or the FlyDelta app Not available on flights operated by other carriers Not available for Pay with Miles, Miles + Cash, seat upgrades purchased after the initial fight booking or other Delta products or services. Discount only applies to the mileage portion of the Award Ticket fare and does not apply to applicable taxes and ices, which must be paid using the Eligible Card Card Member must be logged -in to a SkyMiles account linked to an Eligible Card to receive the TakeOff 15 benefit discount Mileage discount will be greater than or equal to 15% of the overall mile portion for the Award Ticket, An Award Ticket is a ticket issued by Delta pursuant to the SkyMiles Program Rules, by which SkyMiles members may redeem miles and pay applicable government imposed taxes and fees in exchange for air transportation. All Award Ticket rules apply, as set forth on delta.com and in the specific terms incorporated into your Award Ticket. Award Travel is defined as travel using an Award Ticket. Award Travel seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or in all markets. SkyMiles account balance must have sufficient miles for the entire Award Tickets) being purchased. Take Off 15 benefit is not combinable with certificates, Delta Credits, Delta Gift Cards. vouchers, or with any other discounts or promotional offers.
Anthony’s Take: I have been deciding whether to keep my Delta SkyMiles® Platinum American Express Card and this benefit seems like a good reason to keep it. Rates & Fees.
User Generated Content Disclosure: The Bulkhead Seat encourages constructive discussions, comments, and questions. Responses are not provided by or commissioned by any bank advertisers. These responses have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the responsibility of the bank advertiser to respond to comments.