Advertiser Disclosure: The Bulkhead Seat earns an affiliate commission for anyone approved through the links below. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. We work to provide the best publicly available offers to our readers. We frequently update them, but this site does not include all available offers.
I own my condo in Chicago, so a credit card that would let me pay rent without fees didn’t strike me as something I needed. But, after we decided to spend another winter in Florida, this all changed.
I try to earn miles or points on everything I buy. With rent now being a monthly expense, I wanted to earn points but also did not want to pay the exorbitant fees that most credit cards add. That’s where the Bilt Mastercard came in. You can earn up to 50,000 points per year paying rent without the added costs of other card issuers. The card is issued by Wells Fargo and has no annual fee. It’s a no-brainer for anyone paying rent.
Bilt Rent Day
Bilt also makes rent day fun with games, a monthly contest for free rent, special offers (last month they gave away United Premier Silver status), and bonus points given for purchases made on the first of each month. The card normally earns at the following rates:
- 1 point per $1 spent on rent
- 2 points per $1 spent on travel
- 3 points per $1 spent on dining
- 1 point per $1 for all other spend
During Rent Day, the points awarded doubles for travel and dining. I find myself frequently trying to book airfare and heading out to dinner on the first for these bonuses. This month, Bilt is extending these offers from November 25th through December 1st. Points double as follows:
- Travel goes from 2 to 4 points per $1
- Dining jumps from 3 to 6 points per $1
- All other spend (except rent) also doubles to 2 points per $1
Bilt Rewards is a relatively new currency. It partners with airlines from all three alliances and several hotel programs for 1:1 transfers:
- Aer Lingus AerClub
- Air Canada Aeroplan
- Air France/KLM Flying Blue
- American Airlines AAdvantage
- British Airways Executive Club
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
- Emirates Skywards
- Hawaiian Airlines HawaiianMiles
- Iberia Plus
- Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles
- United Airlines MileagePlus
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
- IHG One Rewards
- World of Hyatt
December Rent Day Specials
In addition to the bonus points listed above, Bilt is offering a few specials on December 1st. These include:
- IHG One Rewards 100% transfer bonus (if you transfer to IHG on December 1st, you’ll earn two points for each one from Bilt Rewards). Double what you would normally receive!
- Buy one, get one classes at SoulCycle. Bilt calls these Rent Day Rides and when you book a class on December 1st you can get a bike for a friend at one of the 56 locations nationwide. I’m hooked on my Peloton but might try this one month.
Bonus Points and a Chance at Free Rent
Point Quest™ is a trivia game that lets you win up to 350 points for answering trivia questions correctly. The Rent Day Challenge has you fill in the blanks on a Wheel of Fortune-style puzzle for the chance to win up to $2,500 paid in rent. Clues are available on the first through a few influencer partners. Follow @BiltRewards on Instagram for extra clues.
Anthony’s Take: If you pay rent it makes sense to have the Bilt Rewards Mastercard. Rent Day is a fun promotion with great bonuses, fun games, and special offers each month. I’m happy that I have this card to not pay fees while earning points on my monthly rent.
User Generated Content Disclosure: The Bulkhead Seat encourages constructive discussions, comments, and questions. Responses are not provided by or commissioned by any bank advertisers. These responses have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the responsibility of the bank advertiser to respond to comments.