Advertiser Disclosure: The Bulkhead Seat earns an affiliate commission for anyone approved through the links below. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. We work to provide the best publicly available offers to our readers. We frequently update them, but this site does not include all available offers.
Some are speculating that United made the requirements too high this year or that travel bookings are softening. Whatever the reason, United has released several targeted bonus promotions for those with the United Club℠ Infinite Card from Chase. These promos offer bonus Premier Qualifying Points (PQPs), which you need in order to qualify for United Premier status each year. As a reminder, here is what is needed for each level:
Last November, United announced that it was increasing the qualification requirements for elite status in 2024. It also noted that it would help existing Premier members (at all levels) get there faster with a jumpstart bonus of Premier Qualifying Points (PQPs) deposited into their accounts in early February. These included:
I received 2,500 PQP in February since I earned Premier 1K® status last year. Other Elites earned between 500 and 1,500 PQPs depending on their level.
Some FlyerTalk members are reporting they received various promotions. The biggest one seems to be 250 PQP for every $6,000 spent on the card. What is unique to this promotion is that bonus PQP from credit cards will usually only assist with attaining status up to Premier Platinum, but this promo works all the way to Premier 1K®. The full terms and conditions are listed below. If you hold this card, it’s worth clicking here to see if you qualify.
Terms & Conditions:
- Please allow 4–6 weeks after each calendar month-end for the awarded promotional PQP to appear in your registered MileagePlus account with a posting date of the last day of the calendar month they were earned in.
- Delays by the merchant, such as shipping, could extend the transaction date beyond the offer period. (“Purchases” do not include balance transfers, cash advances, traveler’s checks, foreign currency, money orders, wire transfers or similar cash-like transactions, lottery tickets, casino gaming chips, racetrack wagers or similar betting transactions, any checks that access your account, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including an annual fee, if applicable. Returns and refunds will be deducted from purchase amounts.)
- Promotional PQP will apply toward Premier® status tiers up to and including Premier 1K; however, earned PQP from eligible United MileagePlus cards may only be applied up to the Premier 1K combined PQP and Premier qualifying flight (“PQF”) requirement and do not count toward the Premier 1K PQP-only requirement or extra PlusPoints beyond 1K status.
- To qualify for this promotional offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. Credit card product changes during the promotional period will forfeit this promotional offer.
- Offer subject to change with or without notice. Other terms and restrictions may apply.
- Eligibility: This is a targeted promotional offer and is non-transferable and applies only to the Primary Cardmember of the account referenced in this email. Only the United ClubSM Infinite Card ending in the last four digits referenced in this email is eligible for this promotional offer. Only targeted Cardmembers can register for and participate in this promotion. Your account must be in good standing at time of fulfillment to qualify for card-earned PQP.
- Promotion period: April 1, 2023–June 30, 2023.
- Registration period: April 1, 2023–June 15, 2023.
- How to Participate: Must register to qualify. To register for this promotional offer, you must click the button in this email or log on to united.com/MoreCardPQP and register your United ClubSM Infinite Card ending in the last four digits referenced in this email by June 15, 2023, 11:59 p.m. CT. After registration, you will qualify for and receive your described reward if you make net purchases with your eligible, registered United ClubSM Infinite Card that total an amount at or above the specified target amount during the promotional period. The primary Cardmember will earn 250 promotional Premier qualifying points (“PQP”) for every $6,000 in net purchases (including purchases made by authorized users) made on the qualifying card within the promotional period up to a maximum of 3,000 promotional PQP. Promotional PQP earned through this promotion are in addition to the PQP you may otherwise earn for qualifying card spend on your United ClubSM Infinite Card and will not count toward the maximum of 8,000 PQP you may earn within a calendar year for qualifying card spend on your United ClubSMInfinite Card or the combined 15,000 PQP cap each MileagePlus® member can earn within a calendar year as it applies to Cardmembers with multiple United MileagePlus cards issued by Chase. Only the primary Cardmember is eligible to earn promotional PQP for net purchases. Register before June 15, 2023, and all net purchases made on your qualifying card within the promotional period will count toward your total spend goal. Only net purchases posted to your account with a transaction date during the offer period are eligible for this promotional offer.
- Other Important Information: **Minimum 4 segments flown on United® or United Express®-operated flight required for all levels.
Anthony’s Take: I don’t carry this card, so I was not eligible. If you do, it’s worth checking if you qualify as the new requirements require quite a bit spent with United in order to qualify for Premier status. It will be interesting to see if United and other travel providers release other offers if the economy softens and travel takes a hit.
User Generated Content Disclosure: The Bulkhead Seat encourages constructive discussions, comments, and questions. Responses are not provided by or commissioned by any bank advertisers. These responses have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the responsibility of the bank advertiser to respond to comments.